Salsa has become a staple food at our house. Any kind of salsa will do, but the spicier the better, says my husband! This delectable dip does need a great flavour to pass, though. Heat is not enough in our book. This simple salsa recipe can be doctored to suit any preference- whether it is heat, or just a mild spicy taste you are looking for!
As an Amazon Affiliate, I make a small income with no extra cost to you. See my disclosure policy here.
My daughter made this tasty salsa for our family on my birthday last month, and I knew it was a keeper! She learned how to make it from her friend’s mom. Delicious! Fantastic! Ultra-simple! I love recipes like this, don’t you?
A simple salsa recipe that comes together within minutes, requires zero chopping and has just three ingredients is a winner in my mind! Starting with a cast iron pan is first on the list of good things to have. Cast iron cooks food good, real good. 😉 Next is a decent blender. Or food processor. I have both, and I preferred the ease of clean-up using my blender this time.
As far as ingredients go; all you need are three. Roma tomatoes, jalapenos, and salt. I have been enjoying Himalayan pink salt lately. But be careful- it can taste saltier than other salts. Ask my husband how he knows this! Haha.
I’ve also been enjoying my new measuring spoon set. I really believe in having beautiful tools in the kitchen and around the house. It makes doing the chores and cooking that much more enjoyable, doesn’t it?
If you are having company, and don’t know what to serve them, I’d pull out this dynamo. You’ll be asked for the recipe – you’re welcome.;)
Simple Salsa Recipe
- 4 whole Roma tomatoes
- 2 whole jalapenos
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- In a pan ( I used cast iron), on medium heat, roast the tomatoes and peppers whole.
- Turn the tomatoes and peppers occasionally, making sure that each side is roasted and blackened.
- When all sides of all vegetables are roasted, remove from heat.
- Cut off pepper stems, and place tomatoes and peppers into a blender.
- Add salt to taste. ½ to 1 teaspoon will do.
- Blend in blender until smooth. Chill in refrigerator or enjoy warm with tortilla chips, or with your favourite Mexican dish!
Pin it for Later!
Want my FREE ebook, “5 of my Best Recipes”?