Try this spicy broccoli and tortellini dish, and you will never eat broccoli the same way again! Full of flavour, this dish can be eaten hot, cold, or even lukewarm. Here, garlic plays the main role along with chili garlic sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure here.
A number of years ago, I bought Heidi Swanson’s book, ‘Super Natural Every Day’. In this cookbook there is a recipe for harissa ravioli. Making this recipe over and over again, I eventually substituted some of the ingredients. This is my take on harissa ravioli.
Spicy broccoli and tortellini is one of my family’s favourite comfort dishes. With a base of blanched broccoli and tortellini, the combination is bathed in a garlicky lemon juice dressing. Just a hint of heat from the chili garlic sauce comes through. After dressing the tortellini and broccoli, they are sprinkled with feta, black olives and just a few toasted pumpkin seeds. Absolutely delicious!
You can definitely change things up with this recipe. Add BBQ chicken, for example. The sky’s the limit!
The one thing that you need to watch out for in this recipe, is not to let the broccoli or tortellini cook too long. Seriously, this should not take any more time than making macaroni and cheese from a box! I use the same pot of water for both the broccoli and tortellini. Cooking the tortellini first for about 3-5 minutes, and the broccoli for about the same. Your broccoli should still have a bit of a crunch to it. So, there you have it. Spicy broccoli and tortellini dish!
Spicy Broccoli and Tortellini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 3 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1½ lbs fresh broccoli
- 1½ lbs fresh tortellini
- 1 large can medium pitted black olives
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup toasted and salted pumpkin seeds
- Boil a large pot of water.
- While pot is coming to boil, combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt, garlic and chili garlic sauce in a small bowl.
- When pot comes to boil, add tortellini and cook according to package directions.
- When tortellini is cooked, scoop out and leave in a colander to drain.
- Cook broccoli for approximately 3 minutes. Just until it looks bright green.
- Place broccoli in the same colander as the tortellini. Let both sit for a few minutes to strain the water out.
- Combine dressing, broccoli and tortellini in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese, black olives and pumpkin seeds.
- Serve and enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by!
Pin it for Later!
Want my FREE ebook, “5 of my Best Recipes”?