I am about to introduce you to the best cheese biscuits ever! You will definitely want to tuck this recipe away for the next time you make a delicious soup.
I am an Amazon affiliate. This means that I make a small commission on any Amazon links you use in this post. There is no extra cost to you!
Watch on YouTube!
Drop what you’re doing and make these cheese biscuits right away! It’s still January, after all. We are smack-dab in the middle of soup and stew season, aren’t we? I promise you, that you’ll love this recipe. I’ve been baking these for over 25 years, so they are definitely a keeper in our family. These best cheese biscuits are going to make it into your recipe box. Simple and easy, they are basically foolproof. AND. Cheese. Lots of cheese. 😉
When we got married almost 27 years ago, we received a bunch of Jean Pare’s cookbooks named Company’s Coming. At the time, they were very popular, and, I believe, still are. Making meals from this set of cookbooks was easy and enjoyable as a young wife. If you can get your hands on some of them, I’m sure you’ll enjoy them as much as I do.
Back to the biscuits, though.
How to make the best cheese biscuits!
- In a large bowl, place 2 cups of flour, 4 tsp of baking powder, 2 tbsp of sugar and 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Stir this together with a spoon. I prefer wooden.
- Add 1 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese. Go ahead and add more if you like!
- Pour in 3/4 cup of milk and 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- Stir all together or use a kitchenaid mixer like I do.
- Mix until the dough comes together and pulls away from the edge of the bowl.
- Knead the dough about 10 times. I don’t knead it that many times – just enough to bring it all together.
- Using a rolling pin, roll your biscuit dough out. It should be about 1/2″ thick.
- Cut the dough into 3″ squares – some of the biscuits will look a little funny, but that’s okay, give them to the kids.;)
- Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet, and bake at 425 degrees F for about 15 minutes.
Pin it for Later!
The Best Cheese Biscuits
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together in a large bowl.
- Shred at least one cup of cheese- I use up to two cups. Add to flour mixture.
- Add milk and oil. Mix well.
- Turn out on floured surface, and knead about 10 times.
- Roll out to about 1/2" thick, and cut into approximately 3"squares.
- Place on greased or parchment paper covered cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Mine were done at 17 minutes. Watch carefully.
- Enjoy split open with butter!