Sweet honeydew, with a surprising twist!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 honeydew melon, peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 grated lime save the lime for juicing in the next step
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
Cut the honeydew in half, scoop out the seeds, and peel.
Cut the honeydew into small, bite-sized pieces. Place in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lime zest, lime juice and honey.
Add to the honeydew, and combine well.
Serve on a hot summer's day!
- Try and find a good, ripe honeydew. It really matters to catch the fruit at its ripest.
- Go ahead and play around with the amount of honey you add. Add more or less, depending on your taste and the ripeness of the honeydew.
- To peel the honeydew, place each half face-down on your cutting board. With a sharp knife, start at the top of the melon, and peel down each side.